Every state has something unique to offer, and California is no exception. We have lived here for 2 1/2 years, and here are a few notables that made the list:
* Cut down your holiday tree at a local Christmas Tree Farm
* Twirl in a field filled with the state’s official flower: the California poppy
* Use the term “freeway” for major highways and “hella” in lieu of very (as in, “She’s hella smart”)
* Spy El Camino Real bells indicating the path of the first missionaries in California or giant banana slugs during winter’s rainy season
* Order off a secret menu at In-and-Out Burger
* Consider earthquake insurance, notice tsunami evacuation signs, or view CalFire website for current wildfires
* In what other state can you surf in the morning and snow ski in the afternoon?!
Have you visited California before? If so, do you have a favorite spot?
Read more: What It Feels Like To Live In California